After Gary began his career working with a national firm, Ernst and Whinney (now known as Ernst & Young) in Kansas City, Gary joined a small firm with offices in Harrisonville and Lee’s Summit as a tax consultant. He learned that his real passion was working with owner managed businesses and decided to start a firm in order to continue that work. The beginnings of HSMC Companies was formed and that firm grew from three employees to the twenty that have joined with Orizon to form HSMC Orizon, LLC.
Gary feels that clients have the best opportunity to grow their wealth when they completely understand and are educated on the impact their business and their financial choices have on their overall financial plan.
Gary believes in the importance of being a good corporate citizen and currently serves on various boards and other organizations that benefit the community.
In his spare time, Gary enjoys time spent with his family and being active in his church. He also enjoys hunting and fishing when his schedule permits.
- Tax Services
- Business Consulting & Planning
- Closely-held Businesses
- Medical Practices
- Real Estate and Construction
- AICPA – Tax and Information Technology Divisions
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Lee’s Summit, Missouri Economic Development Council Board Member
- Harrisonville, Missouri Public School Foundation Treasurer and Trustee
- Harrisonville United Methodist Church Governing Board Member
- Bright Futures of Harrisonville Advisory Board Member